When you join Jasper PTSA, you make it possible for us to fund initiatives that support the staff and students of our Jasper community. Membership dues are one of our largest sources of income, and your PTSA dollars are hard at work making our school better!
Letter from Jasper PTSA President
12/11/2021 9:03 am
Dear Jasper Families,
As we near the winter break, I want to thank you all for your support of the Jasper PTSA. As an organization, it is vital that we support our students and school and this semester we have had many volunteers help with this goal. Thank you to everyone who became a member of the PTSA this year, who have volunteered on the Board or committees, and who have volunteered at events. We could not make an impact without you.
To understand what our Jasper PTSA does, here are some highlights from the fall semester:
- Walkabout event in August - the PTSA organized the sale and distribution of school supplies, planners, lanyards, recommended reading, spirit wear, as well as sold PTSA memberships
- Back to School Luncheon - lunch for teachers was organized and delivered including a boxed sandwich lunch for all teachers, staff, administration, and custodians
- Reflections Art Contest – received student art project submissions and organized judging and awards
- Homecoming - assisted Student Council with ticket sales, entertainment, and refreshments
- Market Days – Spirit Wear on sale during lunch periods
- Membership Meetings with guest speakers – one meeting on teen mental health, about the latest drug trends and vaping
- Spirit Nights – connected with restaurant to host activity. Event at Panda Express and another on December 14 at Chipotle (Independence and Legacy)
- Teacher Birthdays – gifted popcorn treats each month for teacher birthdays as appreciation
- PTSA volunteers also aided with Camp Jag, Picture Day, and front office copy volunteers made copies for our teachers.
Looking forward to next semester:
- Teacher Grants – process has begun for teacher to submit proposal for grants from the PTSA
- January Membership meeting - guest speaker for College Information Night
- Journey to Jag Country - volunteers and table to connect with incoming 8th graders and their families
- Donor Luncheon – luncheon with the Principal
- March Market Day – Spirit Wear on sale during lunch periods
- JagFest – in April, the In-N-Out burger trailer will be on hand as a fundraiser and community building event
- Membership meeting – April – topic TBD
- End of Year Teacher Luncheon – provided to express our gratitude to a year of hard work
- And more….
If you are interested in helping out with any of these events, please contact us! We are always looking for new faces to help us support and advocate for the students!
Thank you all,
Jasper PTSA PresidentRead More
JASPER PTSA MEMBERSHIP AWARDS
5/10/2021 4:10 pm
Jasper PTSA would like to thank our many members for your support! By joining PTSA, contributing to our fundraising efforts, and attending our meetings and events, you enabled us to fulfll our mission to advocate for the students, staff, and families of our Jasper community. We are proud to announce that your efforts have resulted in the Texas PTA membership awards listed above.
Shop to Donate
Do you love to shop on Amazon? Use Amazon Smile and Jasper PTSA will get a small percentage back from your orders. You will need to use this link each time you order. Thank you, as always, for your continued support of Jasper PTSA.