I hope you are enjoying summer vacation! If you are new to Jasper High School – welcome! Jasper is an excellent school for our 9th and 10th grade students. We encourage all families to join our PTSA to help support the excellent staff at Jasper. Your support, through donations of time and money, will assure that we continue to provide all of our children with a wonderful learning experience.
The registration process is easier than ever! All the Jasper/PISD forms can be submitted online. Your schedule comes to you online as long as you complete the required forms. The PTSA is doing everything online as well. Pictures for ID’s and the yearbook are taken during school hours in late August.
Our online registration process almost completely eliminates standing in line for pickup. It will help us greatly if every family uses our online software to complete all PTSA forms and make purchases.
Jasper High School PTSA President
Here is what you will do to complete the PTSA Online Registration Process BEGINNING ON JULY 1st:
- Go to Jasper PTSA.org and click on START HERE!
- Online School Directory: To include your student’s information in the Online School Directory – complete the Online Membership Registration. Only members of the PTSA will receive access to our online directory information. Be sure to check ALL of the boxes on the Directory page giving permission to have your personal information and images published on the website, newsletter, and directory.
- Jasper PTSA Membership (Parent, Teacher, Student Association): We encourage all parents and students to join the Jasper PTSA. Your membership dues help pay for classroom supplies, teacher appreciation, programs (college night, for example), and wish list items for the teachers and staff. Students can include this membership on their resumes and students who are members of the Jasper PTSA for both their 9th and 10th grade years are eligible for a Jasper PTSA scholarship their senior year. After you complete the Directory information, check the boxes of those family members who would like to join the Jasper PTSA. The cost is $15.50 for the first member and $8.50 for each additional member.
- Fundraising & Donations: Because of state budget cuts, your support, through donations of time and money, helps assure that we continue to provide all of our children with a wonderful learning experience. The PTSA does not participate in traditional fundraising activities such as selling cookie dough or gift-wrap. We rely solely on donations from our parents. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our PTSA. There will be a place on the form dedicated to donations. Parents who donate $100 or more will be invited to attend a small group lunch with Dr. Endsley.
- Student Planners: A student planner is recommended by our teachers and helps students keep track of assignments and due dates, and teaches them to balance their schedule. Students may prepay for their Jasper planner for $5 online. If you purchase online, you will pick it up at your convenience August 10 during the Jaguar Walk-About.
- School Supplies: School Supply packs will be available for pre-sale online and can be picked up at your convenience August 10 during the Jaguar Walk-About. School Supply packs are $42. Additional school supplies will be available at the Jaguar Walk-About, for $47, until they are sold out, so we recommend purchasing them online.
- Spirit Wear: Various items will be available for purchase online and during the Jaguar Walk-About. If you purchase online by August 1, we will package your items and have them ready for you to pick up during the Jaguar Walk-About on August 9th. Supplies are limited.
- Recommended Reading: The recommended reading books will be available for purchase online for the following classes: 9th English, 9th Honor’s English, 10th English, 10th Honor’s English, & Humanities. Prices will vary. If you purchase online, you pick up at your convenience at the Jaguar Walk-About. Additional books will be available during the Jaguar Walk-About until they are sold out. Supplies are limited.
- Parent Volunteers: Please volunteer in at least one area! Professionals will tell you that this is the most important time to stay involved with your student’s school. PISD requires that all Volunteers complete a background check every year after July 1. After July 1 go to PISD.edu and fill out your Volunteer Application. Make sure to select Jasper HS as one of the campuses where you would like to volunteer.
- Camp Jag (aka: Freshman Orientation): It’s set for Saturday, August 12th! Your incoming freshman can sign up for the session, which is from 9:00-11:30am. At this orientation, they will tour the building; learn about extra-curricular activities, campus clubs, Jasper rules, and much more. The cost for this orientation is $7 to help cover administrative fees.
***PRINT RECEIPT AND BRING WITH YOU ON AUGUST 9, 2017***
Things to Remember:
* All online payments can be made using PayPal. Questions regarding PayPal must be directed to PayPal, not PTSA.
* Registration begins July 1st. .
* The deadline to prepay for Spiritwear is August 1st.
* The deadline to prepay for school supplies, planners and recommended reading is August 1st!
* The deadline to register for Camp Jag is August 10th.
* You must pick up your pre-ordered items any time during Walk About on August 10th. PLEASE BRING YOUR RECEIPT WITH YOU!!.
* Items will NOT be delivered to your child's class!
* August 9th - the school will be open from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm.